We're facing challenges.
You've been hearing the news coming from Madison in the last few months, and you know change is coming. The district and the community are dealing with a constantly-changing school funding landscape, and we're working on solutions to continue to provide caring, quality education services while facing a large budget cut.
We're in this together.
The school isn't just the administration, the teachers and the support staff. It's the students, the parents and the community, too. We want to remain transparent as this process unfolds, and we want you to be informed and involved as we move forward.
So, we're making information available here. Please know that we'll do our best to explain the documents as time allows us and that we'll do our best to make sure pertinent information and documents are posted on this page.
Changes filter down to us daily, so please check back frequently for updated information.
We've all got a voice.
And we want to hear what you have to say. If you have questions, if you have feedback or if you have suggestions, feel free to let us know. Like we said, we're all in this together, and we want to hear from you.
Please share your thoughts with us by emailing comments [at] brf [dot] org (subject: Budget%20Information%20Center%20Contact) .
(715) 284-4357 ext. 1002
Updates and Documents
April 25, 2011
April 21, 2011
Additional documents are available regarding HS staffing impact and the alternative education program.
April 20, 2011
For more information about the reports below, please see the unapproved April 18 board meeting minutes.
- Odyssey Alternative Education Program Report A (pdf)
- Odyssey Alternative Education Program Report B (xls)
- Open Enrollment Out Virtual Academy Report, High School (pdf)
- Open Enrollment Out Virtual Academy Report, Middle School (pdf)
- Utilities Strategy Report (pdf)
- Speech Therapist Report (pdf)
- School Psychologist Report (pdf)
- Building Cleaning Report (pdf)
- School Nurse Position Report A (pdf)
- School Nurse Position, Emergency Nursing Services in School Report B (pdf)
- School Nurse Position Report C (pdf)
- MAPE Report (pdf)
- LMC Director Reduction Report (pdf)
- Technology Integration Coach Report (pdf)
- Technology Integration, 5 W's and Hows (pdf)
- Building Aide Reduction Report (pdf)
- Comparison of Proposed Staffing Changes with Third Street Closure (pdf)
- 4K Options with Proposed Third Street Closure (pdf)
- Special Education Staffing with Proposed Third Street Closure A (pdf)
- Special Education Staffing with Proposed Third Street Closure B (pdf)
- Food Service Staffing with Proposed Third Street Closure (pdf)
- Report Regarding Request to Partner with Neighboring Districts (pdf)
- BRAGS Board Report (pdf)
- Health Insurance Bid Process Update (pdf)
- Budget Development Discussion 2011-2012 (pdf)
- Budget Discussion: Tax and Aid History (pdf)
March 25, 2011
In addition to the possible changes as outlined in the Budget Development document above, the school board was also presented with the following two ideas: a four-day week and the closure of Third Street Elementary. Each of the three options--the school closure, the four-day student week and the changes outlined in the the budget development document--are possible options but have not been acted upon. Please review the following documents for more information.
March 22, 2011
- Similar-sized School District Comparison (pdf)
- Comparable School District Data (xls)
- Budget Development (pdf)
- Special Education Data (xls)
- Historical Budget Reduction Summary (pdf)
- District Office Job Duties (pdf)
- Athletics Financial Analysis (pdf)
- Special Education Proposed Program (pdf)
For information related to the above documents, please see the March 21, 2011 school board meeting minutes (unapproved).